Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Quilt With No Name

You probably think that I just take photos all the time. Not true. Sometimes I really do make quilts.

This is a quilt I'm piecing together. Well, this is what it looked like on the design wall. Wonder if it will look the same when it is all together.

I got the idea for this quilt layout from one of the scrap quilts in the latest issue of New Zealand Quilter magazine. There were some optical illusion fabrics in a bin for $5 a meter calling out to me and I just couldn't resist. Don't ask how much I spent on wild fabrics to go with the bargains. Let's try to keep things positive, shall we?

Usually the quilts I make name themselves while I'm working on them but this one has kept strangely silent. Not what you'd expect from a quilt made out of these colours.

2 comments:

His Office, My Studio said...

Great Quilt! Love the bright colors and optical illusion fabrics.

Helen said...

They look like stacked cards or mah jong tiles