Saturday, February 17, 2007

Flour Resist #2

For this one, I tore strips of masking tape and put it on the fabric. Round stickers were added next. Then I spread the flour paste resist to the same pale green fabric that was taped to the table.

After the resist was dry, I pulled off the masking tape and some of the dots. After tearing the tape carefully to make the ends square, some of the resist came off when I removed the tape so I still ended up with raggedy bits. It was also difficult to take off the dots without taking off more resist.

The area on the left at the hub of the masking tape spokes had more dots but I couldn't break through the resist easily to remove them. So I left them stuck under the resist. You can just see their ghosts.

Thickened orange dye was painted all over and left to dry. The flour resist did a pretty good job of keeping the dye away from the fibres where it was thick enough.

1 comment:

Joyce said...

Interesting. I think I prefer the results with the potato resist. I'll be watching for further experiments.