Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Time for an Intervention!

It started off innocently enough. I agreed to do a book page swap with some friends. Lots of things happened and I missed the delivery date by a long way.

The theme for this page was 'Pathway and Passages'. I started with a contour map of Mt Warning, split across two facing pages.

I trimmed it up and mounted it on two pieces of Timtex and stitched the edges in a variegated thread.

Then, it was time ... Let the beading begin! My original plan was to bead a path from one high point to another on the map then bead some of the contour lines, you know, something simple. It was just the beginning of the slippery slope ...

It reminded me of the scene in Peter Pan where Tinkerbell flew across the screen. I didn't like the bugle beads ... too light for what I wanted. So I took them out and replace them with dark blue rock chips.

And added some more beads. And more ...

And now it's gotten totally out of hand. I've decided to add more seed beads to fill in the pathway.

When will it stop? When will it look like it's enough beading? Is it possible to be too thin, too rich or have too much beading?

It is so time for an intervention ...

2 comments:

Nic Bridges said...

I'm loving it!! Can't wait to see where your obsessive compulsive behaviour finally leads.

MG Quilts said...

Glad that my mental illness is bringing joy to others. ;^)