Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Winners are Grinners

As part of the Adelaide Retreat, there was a raffle to raise money for the Jane McGrath Foundation, an excellent cause. After that little shopping adventure to Cape Coast Textiles, I was a bit short of cash, but managed to come up with enough to buy a couple of tickets, with some help from my friends.

The raffle was drawn on the Saturday night dinner. I was lucky enough to win this table runner and placemats kindly donated by Lisa Walton of Dyed and Gone to Heaven. The top placemat shows the front, but I actually like the backs of the placemats as well.

I am one of those people who usually don't win anything so, while the raffle tickets were being drawn, I was chatting away with the others at my table and suddenly heard my name called. I had no idea why, although my first thought was that I was being called down for talking when I should have been paying attention. Like that has never happened before. So imagine my surprise to discover that I'd actually won something!

Maybe I should go buy a lottery ticket ...

No comments: