Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A Bit of Gardening

I have done more gardening in the past 24 hours than I have in the past 24 years. But, when it's time, it's time. I decided that the collection of dead plants in tacky plastic pots really was a look that needed to be updated a bit.

These are new additions to my chlorophyll menagerie -- lavender is one of my favourites, along with leafy green ferns.

The ceramic echidna has been guarding has been guarding my poor garden for years and is now keeping an eye on the brand new gardenia, in honour of my paternal grandmother and my namesake.

The other flowers have a proper flower name but I refer to as my Jason flowers. They have spent the past two years (at least) in tacky plastic pots, completely ignored by me. But every time it rained or one of my horticulturally overachieving neighbours took pity on them, they let me know that they were still fighting the good fight. Like Jason from the Friday the 13th movies, they just won't die. And that kind of determination should be rewarded.

No comments: