Sunday, January 28, 2007

I've Been Tagged!

I've been tagged by my friend, Lisa. It was her parting gift as she boarded a plane to Tokyo. And I was so glad that I dug though my winter clothes for her on a 30+ degree day so she wouldn't freeze to death. Interesting way to say 'thanks', don't you think? Good thing she's one of my friends, eh?

Having been tagged, I have to tell you six weird things about myself and introduce you to six new blogs. So, as if I don't already feel weird enough every day, let's put it into writing and share it with my fellow bloggers, just to make it even more real. Buckled up? Here we go ...
  1. I am an absolute cricket and rugby tragic but have never played either game in my life. OK, the tragic part wouldn't be weird if I were an Aussie bloke, but the 'never playing' part would be. But it gets better. Did I mention that I'm a woman who only came to Australia from America 15 years ago? Don't worry, the guys at work can't believe it either.
  2. I am disappointed and offended at Americans' continuing inability to see how their government's foreign policy and unbridled corporate greed over the last 50 years was a major contributing factor to the current terrorist crisis around the world.
  3. I am physiologically unable to follow the directions. I try, I really do, but it is a constant struggle and, in the end, it's just a lost cause.
  4. I never, not even once, did canteen duty while my daughter was in primary school. While I did tonnes of other stuff at her school, I think I am the only mum to happily dodge that particular bullet for seven whole years.
  5. I am much happier divorced than I ever was married.
  6. Even though I've lived in Sydney for years and can't imagine living anywhere else, there are times when I miss Connecticut so much that it causes me physical distress. During those times, if I were to chance upon a baseball game amid fallen leaves on a crisp autumn afternoon, I'd be on the next QANTAS flight to LAX and on to Bradley Field in a heartbeat.
Now that is out of the way, here are six blogs that inspire me. The tough part was not picking some of the same ones on Lisa's list.
  1. Rhonda is a relatively new blogger but she's off to a great start
  2. Dijanne, who's work never fails to get my imagination going
  3. Dale, even though she supports the All Blacks
  4. Beate is a textile artist from Germany
  5. Ros is up in Queensland
  6. Wolf is a Canadian photographer
The irony of my list is that most of these bloggers have probably never seen my blog.

Thanks for tagging me Lisa. This was sort of fun.

4 comments:

Downunderdale said...

yes I have Maggie - note the rugby starts on Friday - yeah - and it is 40 degrees here today...

cheers
Dale

Helen said...

Maggie

I am trying to join the Southern Cross Quilters webring. I can access the html code and copy it, but I don't know where to post it. Sorry, but can you help?

Helen said...

Hi again Maggie

I think I have got it sorted. I have the icon on my blog page. I hope it is working ok.

Thanks
Helen

RHONDA said...

I've seen your blog, Maggie! And I check it often because I love your photos. But this tagging thing is a bit scary! (thanks for your kind words about my blog, though...)